Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mitch kicks a home run!

Wayne: Hey, This week was pretty fun. I gave the lesson in Teachers quorum today. It was entitled "Honour Thy Father" I think I did a fairly good lesson. My dad gave me some pointers on how to teach good. On Saturday I went to a stake dance. I had Lots of fun. Also on Saturday we went to the park with Aunt Jen, Cally, and Uncle Mitch's family. That was lots of fun. In seminary we played a scripture mastery review game. My team won! I started a little website for Torrie Cousins. It is way fun. We can post topics and talk to each other on there. Its just starting but I think it will be a good thing for us because we don't really all get together that often.
Shad: This week was greet, Monday aunt Jen and Cali came to see us, Saturday we went to a park with Kylie and Tia, aunt Jen and Cali then we played kick ball. Sunday I passed the sacrament at a retirement home it was a good experience.
Mel: Had a pretty good week. Spent two days in Florida where I presented two papers and chaired a session. (posted a picture of my reflection in the ceiling of the Orlando Airport as I drag my baggage around. I got stranded in Denver for a couple of hours with the Snowstorm but eventually made it home by 3:00 am. We still haven't had our miracle at the company. Time is short but I'm faithful, especially knowing of all the family praying on our behalf! It seems like we've had plenty of opportunities to pull through and one by one they've been dropped cold. Apparently we have more to learn, needing to become more acquainted with the Lord. I hope we learn our lessons soon or there won't be anyone left at the company. Another company, this one from France, asked if we were interested in selling this week. Everyone has the price right? But, in our current lowly state, the company isn't worth much and has so much potential.

In other news. I was sad to miss Wayne and Shad's night of honor after winning awards in the Logan Canyon photo contest. Sounds like Raeghn represented me well.

The picture with me and the puppy was right below a sign that said no dogs allowed. We didn't see it until we were on our way home. He is our garden guarding dog. Not quite ferocious enough yet, but we hope he keeps our food safe from the hungry deer and robbits! We had a fun time at the park yesterday with the family. A rousing game of kickball and some fun at the park and zoo wore us out and left many sun burnt. I posted my favorite duck picture of the day too.

We think of you lots and hope our prayers are working on your behalf. I'm sure you are both doing great as memorizing monsters. You've always thrived in your callings and I'm sure you are doing incredible. Thanks for representing us to the world in such a great way!

Raeghn: Had a good week with Jenn and Kali. Kali sure is growing up. Cute girl. She talked a lot about you two. I'm starting to feel better, not sick to my stomach all day long, still having some headaches, but for the most part, I'm functioning better and keeping up with more house things. It snowed here, and we were all praying for sunshine. It finally came Friday, and we're enjoying the Spring we've all been longing for. Friday night we went to the Photo show of the winners of the contest that Wayne, Shad and Mel won. That was a lot of fun to look at all of the great photos of the canyon and know that 3 of them were from the men I love and call my own! I was a proud wife and mom! We're praying lots for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment